Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The NBA Finals

I know it has been a while since I last had a post, I apologize. But on the bright side of things, tonight is the start of the 2011 NBA Finals between the Dallas Mavericks and the Miami Heat.

I am very excited for this series. It's between two teams that I like. And these teams played each other in the 2006 Finals, with the Heat beating the Mavs in that one. However, each team only has 2 players that are hold-overs from that 2006 series. The Heat have Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem. The Mavs have Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Terry. The Heat have been the big story all year since LeBron James and Chris Bosh decided to join Wade in Miami to create a super-star led team. The Mavs have been Dirk's team for years now, he has won an MVP before, but never won a title.

It's the big match-up between Dirk and LeBron for who needs to win their first championship more, and I for one, will be watching with great anticipation.